My name is Bruce Blazine, and I am this year’s Pack Camping Chair! This means I’ll be helping the Pack plan and coordinate the camping trips over the next school year. So, when is our first campout? Glad you asked…!
· WHAT: Pack958 Fall Camping Trip
· WHERE: Martin Dies, Jr. State Park (2.5-hrs NE of Houston)
· WHEN: 9/ 30—10/2
· RSVP: Email email@example.com to sign up now!
· REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 9/26 Pack Meeting.
· COST: $20 per campsite per night. Each site can accommodate up to 8 campers. Feel free to combine with other families in your Den. Usually two tents per campsite is best. There is also a $4 daily adult entrance fee (kids under 12 free).
· NEXT STEPS: Decide if your family is going. If you already know that you are coming then sign up via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we require a completed BSA medical form for every scout, adult and sibling attending (complete parts A&B of the attached form, plus immunization record, and copy of medical insurance card front and back).
We have 18-camp sites reserved. Each site has electricity, water, and nearby bathrooms. Specific activities for the weekend are still being planned, but there are lots of fun options such as hiking, geocaching, wildlife viewing, fishing, swimming, playground / outdoor games, and hands on activities in the nature center. Of course we will end the day on Saturday with our traditional evening campfire with jokes, skits, stories and s'mores. In the weeks ahead, I will be sending out a list of what to bring (for those first-time campers), meal planning suggestions, caravan details, and other information to make planning for our first campout as enjoyable as possible.
YIS,Bruce ‘Camping Chair’ Blazine
Announcements & News >